Friday, October 26, 2012

Traditions and Chocolate

I love dark chocolate.  Brian has bought me some on a occasion but has to hide it from me and ration it out.  Otherwise when he gets home from work it probably would be gone, since I stay home during the day.  Its bad.  So I went to Aldis the other day to get some groceries and got a chocolate bar.  When I got home I had one piece and decided to stick it in a drawer.  I told Brian I had gotten some but didn't tell him where it was.  The next day I wanted some so I went to the drawer and I found a ransom note and this is what I found wrapped around one of the pieces of chocolate.  How mean, he took the rest of my chocolate.

Its been 10 years since I graduated from Elon University.  I feel so old.  So a friend of mine and her husband came to spend the weekend with us to celebrate our 10 year reunion at Elon.  We walked Friday night around campus to see the new and old buildings.  Both of my dorms that I had lived in had been torn down and they were building something new.  The campus didn't look the same.  Then Saturday we walked around again and visited different parts of campus and tailgated.  We watched students walk around campus and they looked so little to us.  How did 10 years go by so fast.  Friday night we left Jaxon with our wonderful neighbors.  They seemed to have fun together and Jaxon did really well.  He doesn't seem to mind when we leave him and we are so thankful that he usually does really well.  Saturday we took him with us and he had fun in his stroller.


our mascot- the fighting Phoenix
My old dorm- all torn down

the campus store- 2 floors with an escalator

We started a tradition for the past couple of years to go to the mountains along the Blue Ridge Parkway.  We like to buy lots and lots of sweet potatoes and apples as well as some cooking pumpkins.  We have the best time watching the leaves change colors and finding a trail to hike.  This year we were so excited to take Jaxon.
hiking at Stone Mountain 
Jaxon asleep in his hiking pack





1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of Jaxon with the trees behind him are so cute! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete