Friday, October 26, 2012

Help!!!! What has my husband done to me

I really haven't been converted from city to country living. I just learned how to can.  Its all for Jaxon though.  We went to the mountains the other weekend we bought 1 1/2 bushels of apples, a box of sweet potatoes, and some pumpkins.  My mother in law came over today and we canned 14 quart jars of applesauce and bagged 10 quart freezer bags of apples for pies and stewed apples.  It really wasn't that hard just pooped by the end.  It was very messy. We had apples all over the kitchen.  I don't know if I could have done it by myself.

Cut and core the apples and cook it all (even the peel and core) with a little bit of water on the stove.

 We borrowed an attachment to our Kitchen Aid- called a sieve and grinder.  Once the apples are cooked you put it though the sieve and it strains it and it spits out the peeling and seeds.
Then you can them in a water bath canner.
Now we have a life supply of applesauce for Jaxon

Jaxon has been growing like a weed.  We can't believe he will be 6 months soon.
He is still sleeping great at night waking up anywhere from 5-8am.  
He is very active in his crib and loves to move around.  I will put him to bed on his back and not long after he will end up on his stomach.  He seems to like sleeping on his tummy now.  
He is holding his head up really good during tummy time.  
He loves to giggle especially when Brian makes funny faces or talks funny during play time
He loves to chew on his fingers and toes and thankfully his gums haven't caused him much pain
Cloth diapers are still working out great
He is wearing 9 months clothes but the pants tend to be a little long 
He doesn't seem to like cereal much, so we might have to try veggies soon.
He loves being outside and taking walks with me and most of the time he falls asleep in his stroller
He smiles all the time and is a pretty laid back happy child
We are so blessed.  He is so much fun to be around.  

1 comment:

  1. I love learning how to do things like this from family! Canning is on my agenda next summer. I have to learn how to can tomatoes because I love them so much and they taste so much better than canned tomatoes from the store. I know that Jaxon is going to love that applesauce! It's so much better for him!

    ReplyDelete