Thursday, April 5, 2012

Maternity Pictures and a Busy Week




Almost 3weeks left. I can't believe it. I don't feel ready. But are you ever fully ready to become parents?

The other weekend we went to a nearby place to get our maternity pictures taken. Our photographer did a great job. We are also getting her to do Baby J's "Watch Me Grow" pictures too (newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year) We were so nervous for our photo shoot because they were calling for rain. Thankfully God held the rain off. It rained the morning we had the pictures taken around lunch time and it was overcast and then it rained that night.
Thankful for that window of time outside for pictures.

I think I have him beat





The week after our pictures was busy for us. We are going to try and have a natural birth- no drugs. So we decided to take another class at the hospital called Advance Breathing. It was a really good review from our Birth and Baby class. We practiced breathing and different techniques.

We also went to our first hockey game on Friday night. That was pretty exciting. We sat next to a couple with a 6 week old baby. It was his first game too. His parents had big headphones on him to block out the noise. He looked so cute and pretty content. I don't think I would be taking my child to a game like that so young.

On Saturday we had a CPR class at the hospital and then we had another baby shower with Brian's family and friends from his parent's church.
We got our pack and play and carseat :) I think we are just about set.


Brian's baby blanket made by Grandma Jordan now being passed down to Baby J
Aunt Susan and Aunt Gwen, Scarlett, Victoria, inlaws, and Grandma Jordan at the shower

Sunday we went to church then I went to a friend's baby shower about an hour away. She's having a girl and her friends did a great job with the shower. I'm excited she is having a girl because Baby J will have a playmate, only we will have to drive an hour to see her. At least it will get us out of the house.



me and my preggo friend- Baby Kate is due 2 weeks after Baby J

Monday started Brian's spring break and we had our last class- Breastfeeding. Only 4 husbands were there with their wives. So thankful that Brian is so supportive and wants to be there for everything. While he's been on spring break I had a list of things for him to do.

Tuesday we visited another pediatric office that we seem to like better. Better location and nice facility. I guess we better decide soon. Baby J could come anytime now.

The month of April starts our weekly appointments. So far no change. Baby J doesn't want to come out yet. The doctors say I am measuring great.

This weekend is Easter and I am so thankful for some down time. It seems like we have been so busy lately. We will be finishing up getting things ready for Baby J and spending time with Brian's family on Easter Sunday.

Have a wonderful Easter!!! Enjoy celebrating his death and resurrection.

But He was pierced for our transgressions;
He was crushed for our iniquities;
upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with His wounds we are healed.
~ Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment