Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4 more days...

It won't be long now.  Brian and I are still getting over our congestion sore throat mess.  I think he is finally getting his energy back.  He went back to work today.  Yesterday I experienced some abdominal pain almost like menstrual cramps.  I hadn't really had any Braxton hicks this whole pregnancy, at least I don't think I have. Thankfully they weren't really painful.  Just didn't know what I was experiencing and if we should be concerned.  We decided to call the dr office after hours.  The nurse told us to come to the hospital to get checked out.  I hung up the phone and said, "well they said to come in to the hospital, we both looked at each other and said, wow this might be it. Lets go!!!"

We waited a couple of hours and they checked me out.  They put a monitor on my belly to check out the baby's heartbeat and monitor my contractions.  They said I was in prelabor.  My contractions weren't consistent and I was still at 1cm.  So not really any change.  They sent us home.  They told us when we call the dr.  they can't really diagnose over the phone so more than likely when you call they will tell you to come in and get checked out. Oh well.  At least we got to have a practice run to the hospital.  Maybe next time it will be the real thing.  We have another dr. appt in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment