Thursday, October 30, 2014

Maternity pictures and baby update

We finally got some maternity pictures taken.  Thankfully Jaxon cooperated for the most part and we were able to get some really good shots.











Since we dont' want to know the gender until baby is born, my sister got us a plain white outfit with a hat.  She suggested we take the gender ultrasound to a monogramming place and get them to personalize the hat with the name on it depending on what the gender is.  So I took the ultrasound picture sealed up in an envelope with the 2 names and had then put the name on the hat.  Then they wrapped it up for me to pick up.  Its been in the back of my car for a few weeks now.  I have been tempted to look but we've waited this long and I can't ruin it for Brian and I wouldn't be able to pretend to be surprised when baby is born.

Almost 40 weeks
No signs or symptoms of baby wanting to join us yet.  I haven't had any contractions.  Still haven't had any issues with swelling and I've gained about 20 pounds, I think mainly because I'm not sitting at a desk and working and instead being active with a 2year old.  Everytime I go to the doctor they tell me baby hasn't dropped and I haven't really dilated yet.  They went ahead and wanted to schedule to induce me on the evening of November 3rd.  My cervix is still thick so they will start things early and give me some meds Monday night.  Can't believe our son/daughter will be here really soon.  It is going to be really interesting to see how Jaxon reacts to having a baby around 24/7.  We know he will be a great big brother.




1 comment:

  1. These are great pics! Love the one of you and Jaxon showing your bellies, and of him sticking his tongue out in the frame. He looks like he has lots of personality!

    ReplyDelete