Thursday, May 10, 2012

Surviving the first week with our precious gift

We were able to stay at the hospital for 2 nights.  We had a great experience at the hospital.  The nurses were very attentive and gave us lots of information all throughout the day, which was kind of overwhelming.  Thankfully they gave it to us in writing.  All the doctors and nurses loved Jaxon.  The nurse gave him his first bath before we left the hospital.  He had visits from from friends and family.

 Beth
Mimmie
Pop Pop
Kristen
 Grandpa and Grandma

His pediatrician came to visit to check on him.  We were able to get some rest at the hospital except when the nurses came in to make their rounds and to give me pain meds or to check vital signs.  Jaxon didn't get too fussy except when he was hungry or when his clothes were off.  He loves to sleep even while trying to feed him.  We've found the only way to wake him up is to take his clothes off.  He gave us several poopie diapers and Brian learned really quickly how to change him.  We thought the nurses would take care of that, but apparently that wasn't in their job description.
Labor and delivery nurse
another nurse
So tired
Dr. T.
one of the nurses

We were released from the hospital on Sunday around lunch time.  I was ready for a shower and ready to be in my own bed.  We are still amazed that this little person belongs to us and what an awesome responsibility that God has given us to be his parents.  It was hard for us to believe that we get to take this little guy home with us with no manual.  So thankful for our church, friends, and family for their support as we go through this exciting time and transition.

getting ready to go home

Its been hard to be home and not able to do much since I'm still healing and experiencing some pain.  Brian and my parents have been great to help out.  I feel all I do is feed Jaxon and lay on the couch.  I've been told that that is ok, that is my job right now and to take advantage of the extra hands.  Its just in my nature to be independent and its hard to ask for help.  But God is teaching me.

We've been so blessed to have my parents stay with us for a few weeks to help with the transition and to help around the house.  My mom is a nurse and works at a pediatric office so I'm very thankful that we have her to go to.

Since we've been home Jaxon:
loves to sleep all the time
will open his eyes so we can look at him
loves his swing
will sleep in the cutest positions with his arms up
has found his hand and thumb to suck on
loves to sleep on his daddy's chest


Jaxon had his first dr appointment on May 8,  He passed with flying colors.  Since we left the hospital he has maintained his weight at 8lbs 3 oz.  The dr. said "looks like he has been getting good groceries"
His other grandparents came to visit and brought dinner that night.

Dr. A.
On May 9 he had a visit from a nurse that makes home visits.  She works for a program that is funded through a grant to provide a FREE service for the county.  She provides extra support for new moms.  She checked Jaxon's weight and vital signs.  She also checked to make sure I was transitioning and healing ok. We will see her again next week.

Jaxon got his first bath tonight and didn't really like it.

Thursday May 10, I was finally feeling better and since it was a nice day we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Jaxon slept through it all.

We are excited to have some visitors this weekend.  My sister, brother in law, and our 1 1/2 year old niece, MG. We skyped them the other night and we got to hear MG (my niece) say Jaxon.  Can't wait for them to meet him.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Marsha!! The picture where he's yawning is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete