Monday, May 21, 2012

More visitors

We had a great visit with my sister, brother in law, and niece last weekend.  My aunt and uncle also came to meet him.

MG loved to hold Jaxon.  She would carry the boppy over to the coach and point to the boppy for us to put Jaxon on on her lap.  It was so cute.  Can't believe MG is almost 2.
MG with the boppy waiting for cousin Jaxon
Uncle Michael
Aunt Meredith
MG with her cousin

I had a great Mother's Day.  Jaxon was so creative and made me something.  He painted me a stepping stone to put outside.  My mom and my sister were here to celebrate but then all the family left after breakfast.  I am so thankful for my parents that were able to stay and help out for the past several weeks.  They helped clean, organize, and make more room for Jaxon.  Then they were here as we welcomed him into the world.  Wish they could have stayed longer, but I guess sooner or later we needed to do things on our own.

 The family before they had to leave :(
 
This week was Brian's last week off from work.  Its been so nice to have him home to help out around the house and with Jaxon.  He's great at burping him and changing his diapers.  A couple of times that Brian has burped him Jaxon has covered him in spit up.  He thinks Jaxon just was trying to tell him to go take a shower.

We went to go visit Jaxon's great grandmother.  She hadn't met Jaxon yet because she lives out of town.  She really enjoyed meeting him and he was wide awake for her.  We made it home just in time for Jaxon's newborn photo shoot.  He did so good.  He was wide awake and was not fussy.  We can't wait to see how the pictures turned out.
 Great Grandma holding her great grandson

 I was by myself one morning this week while Brian went to go help a friend out of town.  We managed just fine.  Then we took Jaxon to our favorite Thai restaurant for lunch.  It was nice to get out of the house. Jaxon slept through lunch guess he didn't want Thai food.

We've had such great weather this week. We took advantage of it and went for a long walk with Jaxon. Again Jaxon slept through it.  But we were glad to get out and get our exercise.

Jaxon and I spent time with grandma and grandpa for part of the day at their house while Brian mowed some yards, then we went by my office so my coworkers could meet him.  They loved him.
We have had awesome friends from church to bring us dinner.  We are so thankful for our church family for helping us out.
 
Parents to be getting some practice
Parents to be getting some practice

Jaxon's latest developments
He now weighs 9lbs
His neck muscles are getting stronger and he's really trying to hold his head up
He hiccups all the time and I wish I could figure out how to get rid of them for him. 
For at least 2 nights he has let us sleep longer and hadn't needed to be fed in the middle of the night

Some cute pictures of our little man with his eyes open.


Next week... Brian is back at work. My new adventure begins of being a stay at home mom.  Looking forward to taking care of our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment