Saturday, November 15, 2014

2 weeks with Mimmie and Pop Pop

So thankful my parents could be here for 2 weeks to help us transition and to give some extra attention to Jaxon.  Brian was home while they were here too.  He spread out his days off so when my parents left he still had a few more days off.   My parents helped with cooking and cleaning up around the house, getting things organized and getting rid of things.  My dad helped Brian with his honey do list.  They put up shelves in the garage so we could have more storage.  My parents helped get Jaxon up in the morning and helped to put him to bed at night.  Jaxon had lots of fun with his Hot Wheels and playing with his trains.  He played outside and went to the Children's Museum with my dad and Brian.  He also went to Costco with my dad which he loved.  Jaxon really bonded with my parents.  It was really fun to watch them interact and have fun together. Jaxon would always ask for them and preferred them to do things with or to give him a bath.  It was really sweet.  

I got emotional when they left.  My dad said it feels like he's leaving me at college.  I cried then too.  They were so helpful and they bonded with Jaxon and entertained him.  I didn't know how I was going to manage without them and give Jaxon the same attention.  I was sad for Jaxon because I didn't know how he was going to be when they left and if he would understand.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment