Saturday, July 28, 2012

Some of Jaxon's firsts

Saturday we had a very spontaneous day.
I went to a cloth diapering class at this really cool baby boutique.  It was mainly a support group where we could come with questions and get feedback from other moms as well.  It was very helpful.  Then I went to my 2nd consignment sale in the past 2 days.  I found some great stuff for Jaxon (clothes, DVD's, and a fisher price space saver exersaucer)  I love going to these, Brian might have to hold me back.  Jaxon is quickly growing out of his clothes and I wanted to stock up on some for the fall/winter.

Then we made plans with friends for the rest of the day.  We went to a local park and Jaxon rode the carousel and train for the 1st time. Then we grilled out for dinner and friends came over to join us.  We really enjoyed getting together with other people.  Its been hard to find time to get together with friends and have some adult time.  

Here are some pictures of some of Jaxon's firsts
 Going bald
 riding the carousel
 holding the rattle and shaking it
 first fight
sitting in the exersaucer

So thankful to have some girl time this week and Jaxon didn't seem to mind joining me.  I went to the mall to meet my friend Heather.  We watched her kids play in the play area.  Looking forward to Jaxon being able to play with other kids.  I also met with one of my college friends Ashley and her kids.  Her son Malin is about 1 month older than Jaxon.  We watched her daughter Aiden play in the play area at the mall as well.  She live several hours away, so it was great to be able to catch up with her.
Ashely and Malin
  Aiden
 Malin and Jaxon

We had a play date with Parker this week.  Parker is about 2 months older than Jaxon but he was born a little early so they look to be about the same size.  They were so cute together.  We also went to a local park and I met up with several of my mommy friends and their kids and we walked around the park for about an hour.  Jaxon slept through it all.
 Parker and Jaxon

 Brian and I had some time together this week while my mother in law watched Jaxon for us.  We went out to lunch and went house hunting.  Didn't have much luck.  Several of the houses we looked at were either too expensive, houses were too close together or the ones we liked and were affordable were too far away.  I know that God will provide we just need to be patient for the perfect house.  Thankfully we aren't in any hurry. 

Washed more cloth diapers this week.  Its still going well.  The sun is magic.  I set the diapers outside after they have been washed and the sun gets the stains out.  So amazing. 

Jaxon amazes me everyday.  He's such a content baby.  He loves his afternoon nap.  He lets me get stuff done around the house and enjoys taking walks with me.  He doesn't seem to be a very fussy baby, just when he needs to be changed or when he's hungry.  He's still been sleeping through the night.  I have a turtle that lights up in his room and displays stars on the ceiling that he seems to like. He continues to be talkative and is very alert.  I can't wait to hear him say real words.  I'm enjoying every moment of my time home with him.  So thankful that God has allowed me to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment