Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Little Behind

We've been busy catching up from being away for a week and my hubby's birthday.
At Jaxon's 2 month appointment the doctor said he is growing just fine.  Poor thing had to get some shots.  He cried and I saw tears. The nurse said when she was done with the shots to be ready to pick him up to love on him.  I hated to see my little guy cry.  I wonder how I'll do when we have to discipline him and he cries.  One thing that I've heard whenever your child is in pain or after you discipline them (whether in time out or spanking) to make sure you love on them and tell them you love them.
He was a little fussy throughout the day but we got through it.
The doctor said I could feed him more.  He is now eating 4 oz of milk and is growing.
He is eating really well and still sleeping through the night.  I need to do a better job of getting him to nap better during the day.  Some days I just get so busy out and about and he doesn't get a good nap and then he gets fussy.  We love listening to him talk and he's trying to hold some of his toys now.  Can't believe how much he is growing.

I started cloth diapers last Saturday. Its been going well so far.  Some people think I'm crazy for doing them while others have joined me on the bandwagon.  I bought some new online and bought some used ones from a friend.  I have several different kinds some with snaps and some with velcro.  They are one size, which means I use the same ones as he grows.  We have about 24 diapers, which allows me to go several days until I have to wash.  I store them in a dry bag which seals the smell. I've washed the diapers twice now with Charlie's Soap which has been wonderful,but its a smelly job.  I usually wear disposable gloves when handling the diapers as I'm putting them in the wash.  I dried the liners in the dryer the first time and learned about letting them dry outside in the sun to get rid of stains.  So far so good. It sure does save money.  I'm amazed at how many disposable diapers Jaxon was going through in a day.  I don't feel like its that much more work. Just have to do an extra load of laundry.  It was overwhelming at first to figure out what diapers to buy, the soap to use, and the whole washing process.  But I think I've got the hang of it, we'll see.
 We went over to meet baby Eliana and took Danielle and Jon some dinner.  So thankful for Jaxon to have another playmate.
our neighbor Lauren came over to visit with us

We decided to celebrate my hubby's birthday a day early by going to a near by water park.  I had never been and he hadn't been since he was a kid.  We had a blast.  It had lots of slides with inner tubes and a wave pool.  We were worn out by the end of the day and sore when we woke up the next morning.  We had great weather and the lines weren't that long so we picked a great day to go.  Thankful for my inlaws that came over to watch Jaxon so I could have a day to spend with my hubby.

On Saturday, it was my hubby's birthday and we were going to go to a near by park to grill out but it stormed really bad so we had to grill out at the house.  His parents, grandma, and his friend Tim came over for the celebration.
Happy Birthday!!!
 
We decided to try out our new kayaks at a near by lake.  It was really hot and didn't have much of a breeze, but still had a great time with my hubby.  Jaxon was at home having a great time with grandma and grandpa.
 Love my family

No comments:

Post a Comment