Monday, August 3, 2015

Girls road trip

I had the chance to get away overnight with some other mamas from our church. I have a new appreciation for working moms.  I had to pump while I was gone just overnight.  So thankful I had a friend to do it with.  We had to find random rooms to pump in or hike back to our room to do it.  It was kind of a pain but so worth it to save my supply.  They didn't give us a frig so we had to keep getting ice from the cafeteria.  We left Friday afternoon and came back Saturday night. We went to Asheville to a conference called Becoming- creative, purposeful, and frugal.  We had alot of fun workshops from great bloggers.  We also cut up old pairs of jeans to make shoes for kids that didn't have shoes.  Their feet kept getting these nasty infections.  The organization that helps these kids is called Sole Hope.  What a neat way for us to give just by using old jeans.  It was so refreshing to get away and be with good friends. So thankful for all the dads that watched our kids.  Brian had to call his parents for reinforcement.  I think he was glad when it was time for me to get back.











While I was gone Jaxon went to the store with Brian and his dad and spent his dollar that he had earned by pooping on the potty.  It hasn't happened since then but we are working on it.  He chose to buy a toy jeep at the dollar store.  They walked back to the truck and Jaxon wanted to know where his dollar was and wanted it.  They went to another store and when they got out of the truck there was another dollar laying on the ground.  Brian and his dad had to explain to him that it doesn't always work that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment