Wednesday, June 6, 2012

4 weeks old...

Well Jaxon is growing like a weed he turned 4 weeks last week.  Time has flown by and we are enjoying every moment we have with him.  We decided to take advantage of the nice weather over memorial day weekend and checked out a new place to hike.  Jaxon enjoyed his first hike in his ergo.  I think he slept through the whole thing, only because he was up against Brian's chest which is his favorite position.  It felt great to get out and get some exercise.
Jaxon got his first massage.  We went to a free infant massage class with his buddy Parker and his mom.  I was very proud of him, he was alert the whole time.  I think he enjoyed it.  Just need to make time to practice at home.

I left Brian alone with him for an hour or so, so I could go get my haircut.  I felt pretty free when I left the house without him but it also felt weird not having him with me.  It was like I was forgetting something.  When I returned Brian said he slept the whole time.  So glad he behaved himself.  

So thankful for more friends to bring us dinner and meet Jaxon last week.


We found an awesome deal we couldn't pass up at Dick's Sporting Goods.  Although Jaxon can't enjoy it until he is a little older we will just have to find a place for it until then.  Looking forward to going bike riding with him.

We went to visit my friend Kristen at work to have lunch with her.

Over the nice weekend we decided to be spontaneous.  We went house hunting, had a picnic lunch at a local park, and took Jaxon for a walk.

We had such a God thing happen when we went house hunting.  We aren't looking to move right away, but thought we should start looking since we have time this summer.  We just need something a little bigger than our townhouse.  Although I don't like change and am pretty content where we are at, it was kind of exciting for us to go looking. We found a house online that we wanted to go look at.  Great price that we could afford.  It looked like a great starter house, nice wrap around porch, deck, and huge front yard.  We didn't get to see the inside of the house but got to peek in the windows.  We later found out that in the near future there will be some major road construction going on like 1,000 feet from the house.  So bummed, and had to mark that house off the list.  Unfortunately most of the houses in the area where we were looking we couldn't afford, but were hoping we would stumble upon a great deal.   We went across the street to a neighborhood- beautiful houses that were huge and definitely too much for us.  But we wanted to look anyways.  There was an open house that we decided to check out.  We thought maybe we could meet the realtor and they could help us look for something that we could afford in the area.  We walked into this gorgeous house and they told us it was sold the night before but they decided to have the open house anyways.  As we got to talking to the lady we found out she goes to our church and her daughter/son in law just had a baby and goes to our church as well and would be joining our new Sunday School class on Sunday.  How cool is that? 
So we decided to talk with the realtor further and wanted her help with our house hunt.  So excited to see what God has in store for us.

On Sunday we went to church to our new Sunday School class.  We are in a class with other couples with young kids.  So thankful to be with other couples that are in our same stage of life.  We were able to meet our realtor's daughter in Sunday School.  He did better in service and ended up sleeping through Sunday School. 

Jaxon has been trying to hold his head up more and is very alert and enjoys to look around.  He tends to be a little fussier lately.  So I make sure he's been fed and his diaper has been changed but sometimes that doesn't help.  He enjoys laying on Brian's chest, his bouncy seat that vibrates and laying on his activity mat.  At night when he gets fussy I sing to him and that seems to calm him down too.  I remember growing up when my parents would put me to bed, my mom would rub my back and sing to me. 

Lately I've been singing Amazing Grace and Because He Lives to Jaxon at night.  I haven't mastered all of the verses.  But I pray that he will sing with me one day and will come to know God's love for him.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment