Friday, February 17, 2017

1 month old

I can't believe Hadley is already 1 month old


She still sleeps alot and does pretty well during the day.  She tends to get fussier at night
If I'm out and about in the morning with Kaelyn and Jaxon, Hadley usually will fall asleep.  Overall she's a pretty easy baby the other 2 are more challenging but we are surviving.  She transitions well and sleeps anywhere. When she was about 1.5 month old she started giving me some longer stretches at night.

I'll feed her 1-2 times at night, feed her around the time I wake up, after preschool drop off, around lunch time/naptime, after naptime, at bedtime.  She naps really good in between. They say the 3rd is along for the ride. So sometimes she gets left in the car when we get home if she has fallen asleep.  She's protected that way and the kids can't get her.  I'm surprised she doesn't wake up when the doors open and close and with all the noise once we get home.  The other 2 would always wake up.

I took all 3 kids to the children's museum to meet some friends.  I pushed the stroller and Jaxon and Kaelyn held hands as we walked in together.  He does a pretty good job of protecting her and watching out for her.  We still have to work on him taking things or snatching them from her and using his words instead.


My friends wanted to celebrate Hadley and threw us a shower.  I hadn't registered for much because thankfully we have almost everything we need.  We did get alot of diapers which was a blessing.











My cousin Montana came for a visit all the way from Charlotte

I joined a gym for 3 months using a groupon.  My goal is to go when Jaxon is in preschool and take Kaelyn to the childcare there and wear Hadley, which will add some extra weight and give me a good workout.  They have an indoor walking track that I'll use on these cold days.  Thats about all I can do until I get cleared from my doctor.  She usually sleeps while I get my workout.

We've enjoyed these warmer days.  It doesn't feel like winter.  So we've been enjoying the outdoors while we can.




Jaxon loves to put on Kaelyn's dress up clothes, which kind of worries me a little


He loves his sister

We got creative and made a fire truck out of a diaper box

He loves to build with the little legos.  He's been doing so well pooping in the potty on his own that we've been giving him candy or buying him a few things that he's really wanted.
"Jaxon now you don't have to wear pull ups to bed." He said "Now I can sleep naked like you daddy"

Since Jaxon has been pooping pretty consistently I took him to the toy store to get some more legos. He said "Now I don't have to clean myself up when I poop in my pull-up. Praise the Lord"

Next time we are getting a smaller lego set.  Over 200 pieces was too many for me.

They love each other


I can't keep up with all of Kaelyn's new words.  I know she is learning alot from her brother.
As long as I bring food, Kaelyn does pretty well tagging along at doctors appointments or hair cut appointments.  She usually goes pretty good sitting in the stroller


She loves to hold her sister



Hadley loves her play mat when I remember to put her on it, but Jaxon and Kaelyn love it too

She is pretty content in the ergo and will fall asleep

She has done pretty well at church.  We've kept her with us and haven't stuck her in nursery yet.
She is still sleeping alot


5 Week dr appt.
Weight: 9lbs 12.5 oz
Height: 20 3/4 inches
Head: 38cm

Operation Valentines Day
I was kind of last minute thinking of things to do for Brian and involve the kids.  I cut out hearts and Jaxon and I thought of reasons why we love daddy.  Then on Valentines we showed up at his work and taped them to the inside of his truck.  After work he saw them and said he felt loved.




Jaxon requested we have a picnic lunch



I got some pretty roses and breakfast from the hubby


New outfit from Aunt Meredith, Uncle Michael, Maddie Grace and Cooper



No comments:

Post a Comment