Thursday, July 7, 2016

Daddy's home

I just started putting pigtails in Kaelyn's hair and I absolutely love it.  I think it makes her look older.





Playtime outside


So we told Jaxon our news and asked if he wanted a brother or a sister.  His response, "I want 2 sweet peas"  then later he said, "I don't want nuffin"

I had to take him to the bathroom with me.  After I went he was looking at my belly.  I said you see my big belly, there is a baby in there.  He said, How's it going to come out?" I said "well we will go to the hospital and they will get it out."

I was able to get away for a few days and go to the lake with mom, my aunt, and some cousins with no kids (well for the most part).  My kids stayed home.  We relaxed in the lake, took a boat ride to get dinner, played spoons, and visited with my great aunt.






On our way home we stopped to visit with my grandmother

Somebody was sick Fathers Day weekend, I think it was Kaelyn, so we decided to stay home from church and spend some time together.  We went to the park and went for a walk.



We are so excited that Brian got a new teaching job.  It will be closer to home and he will have a longer summer.  He's been wanting a job at this particular school for a long time, but nobody leaves because everyone loves it there.  Its a school with alot more diversity and students go there that don't know English very well because they are just coming into the country. There is a smaller number of staff and they seem very close and also our church is very connected with the school.

An older theater downtown is showing alot of kids movies this summer.  We chose to go see the Cars movie, Jaxon's favorite.  Daddy missed out because he had a workday at his new school, so my inlaws took us.  Jaxon had alot of fun and we ran into a few of our friends there.


We went to the children's museum with daddy



This year was Jaxon's first time in VBS.  The theme was CAVE QUEST.  We love that our church is so invested with the kids.  The decorating committee did a great job getting the church ready for the kids.  His teacher told me that every time they had large group in the sanctuary Jaxon was up front dancing and singing and doing the motions.  We got a glimpse of him during family night.


We found a new play area at a nearby mall.  Then of course the day that I decide to leave diaper bags in the car Kaelyn throws up in her stroller.






We visited with Bessie, Brian's grandmother.

They both love to ride in the shopping carts


We have been getting a ton of veggies from Brian's garden.  I take no credit for it.




We enjoyed a July 3rd cookout with good friends.  So thankful to have friends with kids that can grow up together.


July 4th we went to visit family nearby and enjoyed good food and swimming in the pool.  The kids had a great time.  Jaxon loved driving sister around in the pink barbie jeep. Kaelyn loved eating the corn.  We stayed for a good part of the day.  It was a little over an hour to get home. Jaxon was pooped and fell asleep on the way home.  Kaelyn talked the whole way home.










Jaxon got a new hair cut.  He looks so grown up.  What a stud. He wasn't too sure about the spikes.




No comments:

Post a Comment