Friday, June 19, 2015

Summer Vacation is here

Lots of things have been happening in the Jordan household for the month of June.  First of all June means summer break is about to begin for daddy.  We are so blessed to have daddy home for the summer.  I shouldn't complain but he has a shorter break than most schools.  His school is on extended year.  But I'll take any extended break the school system will give us.  For the past couple of years I try to create a bucket list of things I would like to try and do together as a family. This year
-visit new parks (Salem Lake and 4th of July Park)
-splash pad
-bounce house place
-visit our grandparents
-dan nicholas park
-father and son date for breakfast

also there is a honey do list.  I had to post it on the chalkboard in the kitchen to serve as a reminder


Both kids are continuing to grow way too fast.
Kaelyn is 7 months old


she loves to laugh and smile
she is such a happy baby and doesn't fuss much
she loves to give kisses
loves to be tickled
loves her mommy-If I leave her for a period of time with someone she doesn't cry but as soon as I enter the room and she sees me she starts getting fussy.  The only thing that will calm her down is if I hold her.  I think she forgets that I had left her.
She loves to watch her brother
We are still working on the bottle with her
She has eaten squash, peas, bananas, avacado, zuchhini, and corn
She is getting more hair on top

Professional pictures that we had taken at a local park









Can't believe Jaxon is 3 already
he loves doing puzzles
riding his bike outside
he busted his lip when I left him with Brian and I texted Brian wondering how things were going and he sends me a picture of Jaxon with a bloody lip.  I call him immediately.  Jaxon ended up falling down on the cement.  I guess this is the first of many.  I dont know if I'm ready for this.  Can I just put a bubble around him


He loves to ride in our new double stroller with sister- we are so excited about our incredible deal at REI's garage sale on our new BOB double stroller
he has a hard time listening to us and tends to get several pops on the bottom for not listening
Thankfully he still naps for about 3 hours a day.  Occasionally he won't nap.
I think he is going through a growth spurt because he is eating alot more and is hungry all the time
He loves to sing and repeat parts of bible stories that we read to him at night
he loves to join in when we pray and talk to God
He is very independent and can dress and undress himself
he can go to the bathroom by himself and even go outside
He cries over spilled milk, literally
If he makes a mess we have to help him clean it up
He has a certain way he likes to do things (put away his toys)
he loves to collect rocks and sticks
loves to wear pants/shorts with pockets so he can put his rocks and treasures in them, which means most of the time they end up in the wash/dryer and I have to go searching through the huge pile of laundry in the dryer to dig them out

Jaxon went to his very first camp.  It lasted 2 hours at the children's museum.  It was an art camp and he went with his best buddy.  I had never dropped him off somewhere and left the building.  2 hours went by so fast. He had a great time.

We had fun playing outside, hanging out with friends, and exploring the creek at a new park








Jordan Lake with friends







Lunch with Miss Kristen


father and son breakfast date



Love my new 100% linen ring sling for those very hot summer days.  The ergo was just way too hot to wear.


Brian ended up being sick for a week just as school was finishing up.  It had to be the hardest week ever.  I felt like a single parent. We ended up taking him to the ER because he had a terrible sore throat making it hard to talk and swallow.  He ended up having an absess in his throat and they had to drain it.  Once they drained it on Thursday he felt so much better.  We were supposed 2 days later for the beach.  So thankful that they fixed the problem.  Can't wait for our family vacation to the beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment