Tuesday, May 26, 2015

First Ever Jordan Family Camping Trip

Jaxon had the stomach bug for part of our memorial day weekend.  Thank goodness he got over it quick.



It was going to be a nice weekend and Brian really wanted to take us camping.  I did not grow up camping, although I went a few times in youth group, but its not my favorite thing.  I like my showers and AC.  We have been married for over 5 years now and poor Brian has not been camping.  He has been itching to go, but now that we have kids it makes thing a little more challenging even to travel and stay in a hotel.  So I told him maybe after diapers and after I finish nursing.  Jaxon is old enough but not Kaelyn.  But for some reason I agreed.  I really think Brian slipped something in my drink.  I knew when I married him that I would have to give in at some point.  But I did good for 5 years and then I caved in.  I didn't even bring makeup or a hairdryer.  But I did bring shower stuff just in case.  Then we get there and I find out there are no bath houses.  There were bathrooms just no showers.  So I got good and clean the morning that we left.
We went to Doughton State Park for one night.  The kids did really good then bed time came and it was a little more challenging.  The kids enjoy the outdoors anyways so they loved it.  The weather was great and there were no bugs.  It was actually somewhat relaxing.  Brian just bought us a hammock, which the kids loved.  We cooked breakfast and dinner over the fire.  We had a nice spot for Jaxon to run around.  He brought his bike, which was a mistake because he gets tired easily and we end up having to carry it back.  He brought his trucks with him and he loved to dig in the dirt.  He stayed in pullups the whole weekend and we camped out near the bathrooms.  We have a nice big tent we got used and its big enough for the pack and play.  It got a little cool at night so we were concerned about the kids not staying warm enough, which is why I think we didn't sleep too good.  Kaelyn was really fussy at night and she ended up putting Jaxon to sleep.  So he slept good and then she finally went to sleep.  I think the next trip Brian should just take Jaxon.






















No comments:

Post a Comment