Friday, January 4, 2013

December continued

We spent Christmas Day with Brian's family.  We visited with family nearby and Jaxon got to meet more of his cousins and his Great Aunt and Uncle for the first time. He also saw his great grandma who stays in the nursing home.  We had breakfast with the family.  Then that evening we had Brian's parents and his 2 aunts over for dinner.

Brian and I love to cook and try new things.  We found these 2 recipes online and Brian helped me assemble them for appetizers for Christmas dinner.
Cheese Christmas Tree 
Veggie Wreath

We hosted New Years at our new house.  We love hosting and enjoyed having our friends over.  On New Years Eve we had dinner since our friends that came over have little ones around Jaxon's age.  We knew we couldn't watch the ball drop together.  So we grilled out and had a bonfire.  Then Brian and I watched the ball drop together.

Outside by the fire

Andrea and Jaxon's buddy, Parker
Santa twins- sitting in Jaxon's new chair
 My friend Meredith, visiting from the west coast
Uncle Eric

A year in review.....
Our first child, Jaxon was born and we decided that I would stay at home with him and not work
Many of our friends had babies and now Jaxon and I have friends to hang out with
Brian and I bought a house together
Celebrated our 3 year anniversary

So many blessings and thankful for what God has already done in our lives and in our marriage.
Looking forward to 2013....I wonder what God has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment